UW Population Health Institute COVID-19 Response Corps Virtual Immersion
Using evidence to strengthen the state of public health in COVID-19 recovery
Tuesday, October 24th
9:00am – 12:30pm CST
These workshops are free; please invite your colleagues.
This immersion will:
- Define public health evidence and data and strategize in how to use these methods in COVID-19 recovery
- Describe the impacts and implications of misinformation and disinformation on Public Health work
- Identify possible entry points in the policy making process
Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Ajay Sethi is a professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and Faculty Director of the MPH Program. His work includes COVID-19 and addressing public health misinformation.
- Mary Kate O’Leary is an action researcher and evaluator with the UW Population Health Institute with an interest and focus around the intersection of public health and public policy.
- Farhana Hossain is an independent consultant who provides strategic planning, technical assistance, and implementation support to nonprofits, public agencies, and philanthropic organizations on research and evaluation, data collection and management, data visualization, and communication. She will present this month’s communications skill builder “Using Evidence in Communications”.