Sara Lindberg, Program Director
The Evaluation Research group works in partnership with community, tribal and governmental organizations collaborating through the development, implementation and evaluation stages of their programs.
Our projects focus on substance abuse prevention and treatment, maternal and child health, school-based health, correctional health and related areas. We use a broad range of methods, from qualitative and descriptive techniques to complex experimental and quasi-experimental trials. We also engage in rigorous intervention research design and evaluation.
Our group’s portfolio includes the following:
- Statewide and local programs in the areas of mental health, nutrition, physical activity and fitness in schools;
- Programs offering treatment in lieu of incarceration with strong case management services to coordinate support services;
- Substance abuse prevention, screening, brief intervention and treatment;
- Programs engaging communities experiencing health inequities, including African American, Latinos and American Indians; and
- Rigorous evaluation research on preventive interventions.