County Health Rankings and Roadmaps
Mobilizing Action Toward Community Health (MATCH)
The mission of the Institute is to advance health and well-being for all by developing and evaluating interventions and promoting evidence-based approaches to policy and practice at the local, state, and national levels. The Institute works across the full spectrum of factors that contribute to health.
A focal point for health and health care dialogue within the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and a convener of stakeholders, the Institute promotes an exchange of expertise between those within the university and those in the policy and practice arenas.
Our goals are to:
- Address a broad range of real-world, health-related problems of topical interest and stakeholder relevance;
- Promote partnerships between researchers and users of research, encouraging collaboration between the academic community and those engaged in practice and policy within both the public and private sectors;
- Evaluate programs and policies to support quality improvement, promote accountability, and seek evidenced-based solutions;
- Build the knowledge base of effective programs and policies;
- Provide learning for practitioners and students; and
- Contribute to policy decisions and program implementations that improve health and well-being for all.
Background and mission of the Institute