The MATCH group focuses on assessing population health and working with communities to help them a) identify opportunities for improving community health and b) find and implement evidence-based programs and policies to address these issues. We provide a variety of tools and resources to assist communities in Wisconsin and throughout the United States. Our group engages faculty, staff and graduate students with communities in the following activities:
- Conduct applied population health and public health practice and systems research;
- Monitor health and health disparities in communities;
- Review and synthesize evidence on policies and programs to inform health policy, program planning, and evaluation;
- Disseminate information in user-friendly formats to motivate action toward community health improvement; and
- Produce seminars, workshops, and applied training and continuing education programs to community and public health practitioners.
Our ultimate goal is to empower communities to improve the health of their population. To assure we are meeting the emerging needs of communities, we encourage ongoing dialogue with community members via our web sites, webinars, email, phone, or in-person discussions or presentations.