March 6, 2012
Speakers and presentations:
- The Long-Term Care System: Who Gets Care? Who Provides it? Who Pays, and How Much? Robyn Stone, PhD
- Nursing Home Quality and Quality Improvement. Judy Rothe, RN, WCC, and Nathan Williams, MS, MetaStar, Inc.
- The Nursing Home Workforce; Innovative Models of Nursing Home Care. Barbara Bowers, PhD, RN, FAAN, Associate Dean for Research, and Professor, Rodefer Chair, UW Madison School of Nursing
- Transitions of Care. Amy Jo Haavisto Kind, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Geriatrics, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, and Geriatrics Research Education and Clinical Center (GRECC), William S. Middleton Memorial
- Resident Rights and Consumer Quality. Kim Marheine, Wisconsin Ombudsman Services Supervisor, Board on Aging and Long Term Care (BOALTC).
- Palliative and End-of-Life Care in Nursing Homes. Sarah Thompson, PhD, RN, FAAN, Niedfelt Distinguished Professor and Associate Dean Academic Programs, University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing
Respondent: Kitty Rhoades, Deputy Secretary of Department of Health Services, former Chair of the Assembly Committee on Aging and Long Term Care