October 29, 2015
Many children’s mental health needs are unrecognized or inadequately addressed.This briefing highlights programs and policies that challenge us to shift our perspective on this issue from mental “illness” to mental “health” and will move beyond the need to expand access to mental health therapies to population-based efforts to create safe, stable, nurturing families and communities.
Speakers and presentations:
- Innovating, Integrating, and Improving Children’s Family Support Services. Elizabeth Hudson, Director, Office of Children’s Mental Health.
- Great Healthcare Isn’t Enough. Dr. Kirsten Rindfleisch, Medical Director, and Dr. Walker Shapiro, Resident Physician, Wingra Family Medical Center, Access Community Health
- Parent Peer Counseling. Hugh Davis, Executive Director, Wisconsin Family Ties
- Support and Consultation for those Working with Children Effected by Trauma. Sharyl Kato, MS, LPC, Director, The Rainbow Project
- Waupaca County DHHS: Examining Our Journey. Chuck Price, Director, Waupaca County DHHS