Donna Friedsam, Programs Director
Thomas DeLeire, Faculty Director
The Health Policy group connects with Wisconsin's leading public and private sector policy makers in the health
services arena. Programs focus on access, cost, financing, quality and outcomes.
Specific program areas include the following:
- Evaluate mechanisms for expanding health coverage and reforming health care financing mechanisms;
- Assess potential and current state health reforms and the impact of federal policies on the state of Wisconsin;
- Engage with private health care providers, purchasers, and advocates to assess and improve quality and reduce the cost of health care;
- Analyze the potential of current and emerging data, particularly claims-based and other administrative data, to contribute to improved value and health outcomes;
- Conduct pilot research in the arena of health care delivery and health care financing;
- Produce briefings and forums for legislators, executive branch officials and public and private sector decision-leaders on topical matters of health policy and practice; and
- Produce practice-oriented reports, issue briefs, and peer-reviewed publications to advance the body of evidence in the field.