Health Impact Assessment (HIA)
- the potential effects of a proposed policy, plan, program, or project on the health of a population;
- the distribution of the effects within the population.
- Provide recommendations on monitoring and managing those effects.
- a systematic process;
- using an array of data sources and analytic methods;
- promoting and fully considering input from the broad range of stakeholders.
Assess proposed project, plan, or policy
✓ Farm Policy
✓ Economic status
✓ Air quality
✓ Water quality
✓ Health outcomes
✓ Community well-being
Transitional Jobs HIA
Network of Public Health Institutes, Health Impact Assessments
Press Release: Funding
in SC, WI will Ensure Health is Considered in Comprehensive Neighborhood Planning and Decisions Related to Transitional
Health Impact Project: Collaboration of The Pew
Charitable Trusts and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS)
Health Impact Assessment Online Toolkit: Considering Health
in All Policies