Wisconsin eHealth Initiative
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services contracted with the UW Population Health Institute Health Policy Unit
to support the work of the former eHealth Care Quality and Patient Safety Board, which has now become the
WIRED for Health Board.
Institute activities in this arena included the following:
- Produced the annual Wisconsin eHealth Implementation Summit.
- Lead staff, in partnership with WI DHS, on Health Information Privacy and Security Collaborative, focusing on matters relevant to the exchange of electronic health records.
- Consulted on measurement and reporting of ehealth technology adoption and information exchange.
- Supported the initial eHealth Action Plan process.
- Staffed the committees and prepared the final reports of the Financing Work Group and of the Consumer Interest Work Group.
Summits & Colloquia
Feb. 7, 2005
Health Data Colloquium: Models for Public-Private Partnerships
Al Prysunka, Executive Director, Maine Health Data Organization
Nancy Vorhee, COO, Inland Northwest Health Services, Spokane, Washington http://www.inhs.info/ (powerpoint presentation)
Jonathan Handler, MD, FACEP, Dir. of Development, Nat. Center for Emergency Medicine Informatics, Dir.
Section of Informatics, Northwestern Univ. Emergency Medicine.
Panel PowerPoint presentations
Questions Submitted to Leadership Panel
Questioner: Jeff Grossman, UW Med. Foundation (pdf)
Papers Specific to the Colloquium
DHFS Compendium Health Information Assets (pdf)
State & Regional Experience in Health Information Collection, Sharing & Reporting. Wisconsin Public
Health & Health Policy Institute, Univ. of Wisconsin, Feb. 7, 2005.
Commentary Submitted in Response to Colloquium
Chapin, J, Health Data in a Banana Republic, Unpublished Document, Madison, WI. Feb. 1, 2005. (pdf)
Related National Event
Cost, Quality, Access: Balancing the Health Policy Triumvirate. National Health Policy Forum, March 4, 2005.
Washington DC (pdf)